St Thomas, 31/7/2022 – Revd Judith Harries speaks on this week’s lectionary readings, focusing on a parable of Jesus, “the rich fool”.
“Being a part of the Church of England is going to look very different in the days ahead. Our life is going to be less characterised by attendance at church on Sunday, and more characterised by the prayer and service we offer each day”.
– The Archbishops of Canterbury and York, 2020
Although our services and mid-week events are now mostly taking place in person, many people find themselves unable to attend church every week. We hope that this page will provide a quick reference point for the latest sermon recording and other online resources for those worshipping at home.
- To keep up-to-date with the services week by week, check here for up to date information.
- You can also go to our contact page and sign up for one of the weekly emails to receive the latest updates directly.
- On this page you will find a recording of the latest sermon from our in-person services.
- We have also uploaded two Morning Prayer services to use at home (CW and BCP formats) if you are unable to join us in person.
- There are also online services from 2020 and 2021 available to download below. You can follow these at your own pace, with audio and visual media of the readings, sermon, intercessions and weekly hymns along with links to our YouTube page.
- At this time, we really urge you to be praying, along with reading and meditating on God’s word. To help with this, we also provide a guide for daily prayer, which along with other resources, helps to build healthy patterns and routines into our lives in these complicated days.
Please be assured of our ongoing prayers and always remember we are only an email or phone call away. If you do need to contact the church pastoral team, please click for our emergency phone number: